Demos and Special Events
Science Assemblies for the Entire School
- Interactive and engaging
- 45-60 minutes demonstrations
- Great for Science Fair Kick offs
- See an Explosion!
Science Assemblies are interactive and fun (and sometime explosive). Assemblies are designed for 40 or more students. Student volunteers help with the demonstrations and help bring science to life. Get for kicking off a science fair. WOW assemblies include a multitude of large science such as Micro Silo Explosion, Bed of Nails, the Automatic Toilet Paper Unroller, and Hydrogen Bubbles (extra fee required). Our assemblies are part of the regular assembly schedule at many schools. Space is limited so schedule early. Make this a regular assembly at your school today.
Science Visits - Demonstrations for Smaller Groups
- Science Fun for Families! Book a Family Science Night
- Programs include (not all visits available in all locations)
- Reaction Action
- Summer Science Fair
- Read, Set, STEM
- Science Circus
- Best of Science Matters
- Amazing Feats of Science
- And More!
- Perfect for Day Camp Programming
- 2016 Library Visits support Summer Reading Theme - Book NOW - Click here for more detailed descriptions.
Family Science NightsParents and students will love to learn about science together. Kicks off with a 30 minute science demonstration. Parents and students will assist with experiments such as Color Changing Chemicals, Exploding Power or Elephant's Toothpaste. Then, families work together on a science project. Examples of projects are:
- Making a fossil
- Making an electromagnet
- Make soda pop
Class Visits - Demonstrations for the Classroom
TEACHERS - Jazz up your science class by having an "In Class Field Trip." Introduce chemistry, physics or biology units with inquiry based science. Spark imagination and fire up creativity in your classroom. Our most frequently requested programs are:
- Forces and Motion - All About Newton's Laws of Motion
- Matter Does Matter - Properties of Solids Liquids and Gases
- Buzzing with Energy - Electricity and more
- Mini Robots - Meet the Cubelets during this Engineering focused program
For more detailed descriptions click
50-60 minute modules fit into your school day. We bring all science materials and equipment. Each program can be customized for your classroom and can include teacher demonstrations, inquiry activities, take home projects and/or science journaling to promote literacy.
Want to make as visit a regular part of your curriculum, discounts for multiple visits help to make it affordable (not available in all Regions). Call today to set up a program because scheduling slots are limited.